We had such a great Christmas. It was our first year in 5 year's of marriage of staying home. Usually we pack up the Jeep and head up to SLC, UT to FREEZE!!! This time we got to sleep in until Bailey woke us up at 7:30am and then we got to stay in pajamas all day and play with toys. It was so nice. I will never leave home on Christmas Day again!
We got to see everyone this year. The weekend of Christmas we went up to visit Jake's family in Salt Lake. His mom just bought a new home in North Salt Lake. We also got to go and visit all my extended family (Grandpa & Grandma Vandertoolen and all the aunt's, uncle's and cousins). Heidi my sis and her family traveled behind us. Then we drove back to celebrate New Years with my family and everyone was here but my sister Bobbi who is on vacation in FL. We had an earlier Christmas with Nate & Bobbi back the Sunday before Christmas.
We totally spoiled Bailey! She wanted to learn how to ride a bike, so this year we got her a "Disney Princess" bike with training wheels and we couldn't resist getting her the "Princess Landcruiser" as well. We will have so much fun this coming year playing outside!!! Boston got a "Buck-a-roo Bouncer" that is way to big for him, so we will have to wait to test that out. Both Jake and I really needed some clothes so we truly did have a great Christmas!
For family gifts, I made family photo calendars with everyone's b-days, anniversaries, etc. We also had family pictures taken. They were fun to make!
Also, we had fun participating in a Sub-4-Santa and helping some others' in need... "We Can't Forget that Jesus is the Reason of the Season" I remember my most memorable Christmas serving out in the mission field. I didn't receive a single present, I gave everything away and we did a huge Sub-4-Santa for the Armenian family that we had just recently baptized. The feelings that I felt that day when I saw the looks on those kids faces will never be forgotten. Oh how I miss the mission. It was so nice to forget about all the worldly things and go and serve the LORD!!! We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones! Happy Holidays! Love, The Bulkley's
No comments:
Post a Comment