So Bailey had a sad day at preschool on Friday. We worked on her Valentine's box for 3 HOURS!!! & we turned it into a cute little heart monster. I mean we are talking (paint, jewelry, yarn, pvc pipe, scrapbook paper, candy, THE WORKS)!!!
I thought it was absolutely darling but one little boy commented that it "was weird looking" and then it got all the other little boys laughing and poking fun at it and then Bailey was in tears. I think she was more shocked that everyone in the entire class stopped to talk about her box. The preschool teacher brought her into my office bawling and it almost made me cry. I felt so bad. I told her that "this was our box and it is kind of weird but it was really special. Mommy loves it, Daddy Loves it, and it doesn't matter what other people think". I got her calmed down and we went back to preschool to finish out her Valentine Party.
That evening the little boy who made her cry brought a box of candy by with a long stem rose to apologize. Isn't that sweet? That was such a great lesson for both families to learn.
Anyway, we had a great Valentine's Day. Jake & I got to go out to dinner while our good friends (Brooke & Dan Ulrich) had a kid Valentine's party and watched the kids for us! They got to decorate sugar cookies and decorate hearts to go Heart Attacking... Then my mom and dad had us over for dinner today and grandma made amazing sugar cookies that we got to go & deliver to the neighbors! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day. We sure did!
1 comment:
Bailey, that is the coolest Valentine Monster Box I have ever seen. I think the other kids were just sad that their box wasn't as cool! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
Post a Comment