




Our sweet baby boy was born on Friday, Sept 12th at 3:41p.m. I went in earlier that morning for my last baby dr. visit and I was dialated to a 5+. I had been having major back pain the entire week and I actually went into the hospital Monday night because my contractions were 5 minutes apart and I was dialated to a 4. Anyway, they sent me home saying the baby was posterior and that I needed to relax and that the baby would move on his own. So they gave me a sleeping pill "Ambym??" and I threw up the entire night. That is some powerful stuff! Needless to say, Jake threw away our comforter and bedroom sheets. He didn't even attempt to clean it. I on the other hand got a new comforter out of the whole deal!
Anyway, during my Dr. visit Friday morning he told me that I was close and that we were going to have a baby today. He walked me over to the hospital and the started me on patosin. I was in labor for about 5-6 hours.. My contractions started to get stronger and faster and the cord to my ephideral got pinched once and for about an hour I could feel everything.. I don't know how anyone would want to go without one. As soon as they fixed it I was back to feeling minimal pain. When I got to a 9 we started working on turning the baby. I felt a lot of pressure, but eventually he turned. I was so relived.
He came out weighing 6 lb 15 oz. and he was 19 1/2 inches long. He looks just like Bailey when she was born except that Boston has cute dark curly hair. He is just the sweetest thing. He hardly cries at all. He loves to eat and sleep all day. They let me hold him while they cleaned him on my chest and he latched on immediately. The nurses rated his latch score a perfect 10! He is completely opposite of Bailey. We had such a hard time getting her to nurse. Boston has been a dream!!!
We did have one major scary thing happen. Boston truly is our miracle baby. Not only did it take 18+ months to get pregnant with him, but soon after the Dr. delivered him all the nurses and doctors came to evaluate my placenta. I guess Boston's umbilical cord was not attached to my placenta very well. Here is the medical info on it... We are so lucky he is alive. Our Dr. said that most doctors just shutter when they see this....Dr. Ott said if he would have popped my water in any other spot and hit a blood vessel that our baby would have bled to death. They call this "Vasa Praevia" it is defined as "fetal vessels crossing or running in close proximity to the inner cervical os. These vessels course within the membranes (unsupported by the umbilical cord or placental tissue) and are at risk of rupture when the supporting membranes rupture." If these fetal vessels rupture the bleeding is from the fetoplacental circulation, and fetal exsanguination will rapidly occur, leading to fetal death.
This is rarely confirmed before delivery... Most often the fetus is already dead when the diagnosis is made; because the blood loss constitutes a major bulk of blood volume of the fetus. Treatment immediately with an emergency cesarean delivery is usually indicated. SCARY STUFF!!! I don't know the Lord continues to bless my family and I. Boston must have definitely been sent to us for some reason. We are so glad he is finally here!
23 comments:
congratulations, you guys! I am so happy for you! You deserve this little miracle......love ya!
Congratulations! I'm so exited for you guys! I'm also exited because that's Jaden's Birthday too. They can share that special day together now. Well what a scary thing to have happen but I'm sure glad that the both of you are ok. We can't wait to see the new little one so post pictures as soon as you are able. We love you and are so exited for your new little Boston. Nikki
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. Clearly little Boston was meant to make it through that scary ordeal to be with you guys. What a blessing. Love you guys and I can't wait to see some pictures of that cute little baby!
so happy for you guys! congrats!!! i thought jake throwing out your blankets to clean up was so funny. so glad that boston is healthy and not impacted from the serious condition you described. can't wait for more pictures. have fun guys!
Congrats! I'm glad everything worked out. The Pic you text me was so stinkin cute. I'll be up this week for work, so I'll stop by and see you guys! xoxoxo Enjoy being away from work!!!
Congratulations!!! We're so happy for you. Glad you and he are doing well, and that everything turned out okay, even though it could have been really bad. Miracles certainly do happen!
Congrats again, and let us know when you want to take little Boston on a tour of his namesake city! ;)
Congratulations! Boston is a handsome little guy. We are so glad that everything turn good. I bet Baily loves having a brother and helping out. Can't wait to see more pictures of him.
What a blessing that sweet Boston is here and safe! Wow. He is a miracle. I'm so happy for you two! He's a beautiful baby, and I really like his name. :)
Congrats Wendi and Jake! I bet 2 is a fun new challenge...good luck!
Congrats! What a cutie!
I've been waiting for you to have little Boston! (Glad you got your name choice). I am so glad that everything is okay! How scary is that! Hope you guys are doing well. Baby Boston is so super cute and he really does look just like bailey!
CONGRATS! I have been waiting for this post. I am glad to see he has finally come. He is adorable. Good luck.
Amber
Congratulations guys! He's so stinkin cute! (makes me want another one) =0) hehehehehe......Enjoy your time off work with your baby!!!! Heaven knows you need it! Congrats!
Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you guys and your cute little family! We love the name (That's been on our "list" of names)- Boston Bulkley...very cute! What a little miracle! \"/
Oh my word! He is so beautiful Wendi. I'm so excited for you and Jake and Bailey! You are truly blessed and we can see how much the Lord has blessed you with. What a trooper Boston is. I miss you terribly and I can't wait to meet the little guy! Thanks for texting me and letting me feel a part of your day! I love you dearly!
We are thrilled for you guys and your miracle baby. What a scary thing, but am so glad that he and you are healthy. That's awesome that all of your sisters were there to see and visit with you guys.
Congratulations! I had know clue you had him. He is adorable! I have another outfit for you, so I'll bring it by, and I can see him.
Wendi! Congrats! I just heard. I was out of town. I am so glad things went well, and he is adorable. I would love to come meet him. I will call ya. Oh, and btw Boston is the best name! I love it. Oh, and I found you through Suzanne's blog. :) Kaysha
He is SUCH a darling little guy. I'm so glad that things went well, especially after finding out how bad it could have gone. Thanks for being our friends. You guys are AWESOME!
-Brooke and Dan
Super cute! Congrats!
congrats! glad everything went ok considering the risk. he is way cute!
Boston is soooo cute! I can't wait to meet him. I am glad everything turned out ok! I love you guys!
Congratulations! He is beautiful. I'm so happy for you. What a miracle indeed.
Post a Comment